THE IDENTITY WE LIVE INTO:
We help others find a calling and change the world.
BELIEFS THAT GUIDE US
We believe each one of us is an image bearer of God thus we honor the gifts each hero brings.
We believe heroes learn at different paces and in different ways.
We believe taking ownership of one’s learning leads to engagement, perseverance and joy.
We believe that gamified learning connects heroes to real world application, rewards and consequences.
CAPABILITIES WE FOSTER
TO GUIDE THE LEARNING PROCESS
- Figuring out solutions (view more here)
- Self-regulating (view more here)
- Reflecting regularly (read more here)
- Showing What You Know (view more here)
- Thinking about Design (view more here)
- Connecting Content (view more here)
- Learning Through Real-World Projects (read more here)
- Applying Kingdom Practices to our journeys (read more here)
SKILLS WE LEVERAGE
TO SERVE HEROES
- Setting Goals
- Orienting around Learner-Driven Process
- Applying Tools, Manipulatives and Models to Problems
- Using Data for Targeted Support and Goal Progress
- Practicing Restoration
- Governing the Studio through a Town Hall
ENVIRONMENT WE SET UP
TO REINFORCE SKILLS, CAPABILITIES, BELIEFS AND IDENTITY
- Valuing Questions
- Utilizing Multi-age Studios
- Looking at the surrounding community as Classroom
- Establishing Studio Contracts
- Setting up Accountability between Heroes
- Making One to One Chromebooks Available
- Arranging Flexible Seating
LEARNING AT JOURNEY
Watch some of the videos below to learn more about our unique philosophy to education.