The world is changing. The traditional way of educating children is flawed and we are breaking the mold.
We are inspiring a new generation of learners to tackle the challenges of the future. We desire to help children discover their unique gifts and passions and find their calling.
Journey Academy is different. We move beyond the traditional tools of lectures, homework, high-stakes tests, and grades. At Journey Academy, our students learn in collaborative classrooms of multi-age learners. Our flexible approach challenges each student with a self-directed learning plan, coupled with real-world projects and experiences. We are seeking candidates who possess the leadership and organizational experience to build and grow Journey Academy. You will equip the next generation with the abilities to succeed as they set out to change the world for good.
We are searching for an individual who is ready to join our community to promote, grow and scale this new way of education.
At Journey Academy, our leaders demonstrate a strong Biblical worldview and are able to share their faith and love of Jesus Christ every day.
We are looking for a Program Director with an evident curiosity about life, a lifelong love of learning, a deep well of patience, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Candidates should excel in guiding and encouraging others, whether in or out of a school environment. Montessori, learner-driven, project-based and/or experiential learning experience is a plus, but not required. Experience or familiarity with the Socratic method is a plus.
We seek a Program Director who loves to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything they do. Candidates should demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates should have effective team leadership experience. Most importantly, candidates must have sincere respect for all children.
- Faithfully executes the Journey Academy plan and application of the Acton Academy model, achieving or exceeding prepared goals and objectives.
- Able to apply Christ-centered guidance while leading, managing, and holding the Journey Academy staff accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
- Integrates all major operating functions of the school. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction through the creation and implementation of core processes. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the organization.
- Resolves issues effectively – seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the Journey Academy team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the organization’s core processes and operating system with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Dependably demonstrates a passionate pursuit of values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with staff, parents, students, and the Board of Directors to stay on the same page. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with all stakeholders. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that others have and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the school.
- Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently shared ensuring that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists with staff, parents, and students.
Journey Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience plus a bonus structure based on performance.
Candidates should provide a resume and thoughtful cover letter that demonstrates a familiarity with Acton Academy, outlines how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and details what core values and principles guide your own Hero’s Journey.
Please send all applications to email@example.com.