Week 16: December 9 – 13
ES Sharing the Good News of Jesus
Continuing our quest on the Gospel, the heroes practiced sharing the Gospel with others. Bookmarks with the Gospel colors, Bible passages, and a Gospel skit are some of the ways the heroes are preparing to share the Good News of Jesus.
- Gold page (heaven)
- Dark page (sin)
- Red page (Christ’s blood shed on the cross in our place)
- Clean page (Jesus washing us clean when we confess we are a sinner, believe Jesus died for our sin, and accept his invitation to have him into our heart)
- Green page (growing in Christ)
Polar Express Quote-Along Night!! The heroes had a blast watching Polar Express and engaging with interactive activities and games with their friends. Thanks for sharing your heroes with us for an evening, parents!
What is the One Verse Evangelism? Using Romans 6:23, the heroes practiced sharing the Gospel with others using this verse and an illustration. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
The fruit of the Spirit is evidence that we are saved! “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23a
Have you asked your hero:
- Were there any programs that you did not set goals for this week?
- What distractions did you face this week?
- What is the most challenging part of your role in the “Everything” Gospel skit?
- What Session 3 goal do you really want to focus on reaching next week?
- If you were in a new situation around new people, would you either a.) do whatever you needed to do to be accepted and included? Or b.) show up and be yourself? If the new group of people did not accept you, what emotions would you be feeling with your choice (a or b)?
See you next week!