The Gospel, Donuts with Dad, and Our Service Project in ES
Week 15: December 2 – 6
The Gospel, Donuts with Dad, and Our Service Project
A joy-filled week! The Good News of Jesus, quality time with dads and grandpas, and blessing a family in Grand Rapids through our D.A. Blodgett-St. John’s Hospital Holiday Giving service project started off our Faith Quest this week.
The heroes created and practiced multiple different methods for explaining the Gospel. Colorful Wordless Books, Tear and Share with paper, and One Verse Evangelism using Romans 6:23 were a few of the methods. We learned about Saul’s conversion in Acts 9 as well as Philip leading the Ethiopian Eunuch to Christ in Acts 8.
The heroes are working on memorizing the Bible verses that go with the Wordless Book: John 3:16, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Hebrews 13:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:8-9, and 1 John 1:9. I encourage you to memorize the verses with your hero!
Donuts with Dad was a blast! Thank you to all the dads and grandpas that came to enjoy time with their heroes at school! We love our dads!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the financial donations for our service project! Together, we surpassed our goal! The heroes radiated joy as they shopped and wrapping gifts for the family in need. It truly is better to give than to receive!
Have you asked your hero:
- What challenge (if any) did you not accomplish this week?
- What was the most difficult challenge for you this week and why?
- What do you think Heaven is like? What does Scripture say Heaven is like?
- Why can sin not be in Heaven?
- What is sin?
- Have you ever made the most important decision that you’ll ever make in your life – the decision to follow Jesus? (The ABC backwards prayer: Confess you are a sinner and need saving, believe that Jesus died for your sins on the cross, and ask for Jesus to wash your heart clean and come live in your heart)
- Is there evidence to know if we are saved or not? (Hint: fruit)
- What does each page in the Wordless Book represent? (gold, dark, red, clean, green)
- What was the best part for you about buying and wrapping Christmas gifts for the family in our service project? How does it feel to help a family in need?
See you next week!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!