Week 2: August 26 – 30
Tribe Building Continues
The heroes demonstrated perseverance during the Spider’s Web Team Challenge. Using each hole only once added to the difficulty of this task. Vienna sacrificed her own comfort to be the first to get through the hole every time the heroes had to start over. The heroes trusted one another as they were lifted off the ground and passed through the web. Touching the strings of the web required a start over every time until “a wonderful thing just happened!”
“We are going for challenges here. No comfort zones. [The Spider Web Challenge] helped people to trust one another.” – Clara
“[The heroes] built my trust back up by getting me through the web three more times.” – Ellery
“The Lord will watch over ______’s coming and going both now and forevermore.” (Psalm 121:8) My skin tone is close to the color of _____. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:14)
The heroes have now signed their Hero’s Contract, Rules of Engagement, Chromebook Covenant, and Studio Etiquette. Copies of these contracts can be found in the Google Drive Family Folder under ES. Check them out!
Other things we experienced this week include:
- Polar Bear & Fish dice game
- Role Play Conflict Resolution
- Starting Silent Core Skills and Collaborative Core Skills
- Setting Individual Hero Badge Plan
- Water Day games!!
Special Days coming up:
- Sept 9 Disney Day
- Sept 17 Survival Day (AM)
- Sept 21 Children’s Business Fair
Have you asked your hero:
- What have you done this week to fill someone else’s “cup”? (Faith inspiring action from James 2:14)
- In what ways does your family fill your trust jar?
- What goals did you set for Core Skills this week?
- How did you encourage others this week? (1 Thess. 5:11)
- What are your top two love languages?
- What was the most challenging aspect about the Spider’s Web Team Challenge?
- How did God speak to you during “You and God Time”?
- What business idea do you have for next week’s Entrepreneurship Quest? What are the supplies you will need?
See you next week!
P.S. The heroes can bring in the 3-ring binder and pocket folder for the Entrepreneurship Quest by the due date on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Looking forward to this quest!