Week 1: Aug 21 – 23
What a fabulous first week this has been at Journey Academy! I am excited to share some of the many highlights with you from the ES studio!
First and foremost, thank you very much for sharing your heroes with us here at Journey Academy! Thank you also for your amazing support, smiles, and prayers!
The first three days of school the heroes worked through Team Building activities that grew their communication, strengthened their leadership, and challenged their problem solving. I was blown away by their grit, determination, and team work!
The Journey Hero rock jar has grown! Next time you stop into Journey, check out the new painted rocks and our hand print banner! Thank you, Miss Sarah, for setting up these creative art projects!
Have you ever considered the possibility of getting toothpaste back into the tube after it has been squirted out? How hard would you work on this challenge? The Heroes’ determination and problem solving was impressive. Similarly to the toothpaste, once the words we say come out of our mouths, it is impossible to take them all back. That’s why it’s important to think before we speak.
Working on math with our buddies in ELS!
Blind LEGO Build! Communicating how to build a LEGO structure to a partner can be quite a challenge!
Discussing and voting on our Rules of Engagement!
Time for Millennium Park!
“Best day ever!” – Maddy G.
Toxic River Challenge! With only 3 pairs of magic boots, can we get our whole group to safety?
Minefield! Can we trust our fellow heroes to get us through the minefield safely?
No arms or hands! Can we gather all the balls around the field and get them into the buckets? Uh, oh…one of our teammates cannot see!
What a great bonding day at Millennium Park!
This week, the heroes also experienced:
- Flip the Rug Over Challenge
- Old vs. New Pencil, Cookie, and Bowl skit about respecting others
- You and God Time with our new devotional journals
- The Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever, and Beaver personality quiz
- Friday Worship Session & ELS Buddies
Have you asked your hero:
- What team building challenge was the most difficult for you?
- When did you feel your leadership shined the most this week?
- What would you have done differently in the LEGO blind partner build activity?
- What Town Hall topics would you like to present to the group for discussion next week?
Have a wonderful weekend, and we’ll see you next week!