It has been a busy week in the Elementary/Middle Studio! On Monday, our heroes visited Art Prize and took a tour through the Grand Rapids Art Museum. Their docents provided information on the artists and the stories behind them. At the end of the day, the heroes then took a class on “Candy Art” where they created their own sugar masterpieces.
- What makes great art? Is it the feeling it leaves you with? The story behind it? The appearance? The time spent making it? The materials used? The originality of the piece?
- Is freedom making whatever choice you want in a situation, is it believing in the best choice, or is it making choices that lead to an easier life?
- Do you treat others with kindness out of fear (what will happen if you don’t) or out of love?
- Who have you noticed making our studio a better place this week?
- Do you feel encouraged by character call-outs? Attention? Something else? How can we work to encourage one another more?