https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png 0 0 Journey Academy https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png Journey Academy2017-05-20 11:39:562017-05-20 11:39:56Preparing for a World-Class Exhibition
2 more school days until our next Exhibition!!
Throughout this week, our heroes worked on finalizing their rockets and selecting roles to help host the Exhibition. As a group, they discussed what Excellence means and what they could do to improve their rockets for a quality Exhibition.
On Wednesday, our heroes decided they wanted to hold each other to higher standards of excellence during project time as well. The heroes added 2 new lines to their studio contract (“I promise to be aware of myself and others” and “I promise to act with maturity”), which kept the flow and focus in the studio strong. At the end of the day, 8 out of 9 heroes said that it was the most fun project time they’d ever had. It was fun to hear them remark that feeling accomplished makes learning more fun!
The heroes are excited to launch their final rockets at the Rocket Olympics next Tuesday. We will be holding 3 separate events: Farthest Distance, Most Accurate, and Longest Time in the Air. We will see you there!
Discussion Topics this week Included:
- How many times should a person revise their work to make it more excellent? In what ways can you improve your rockets to make them world-class material?
- What is more important to maintaining a positive culture in a community: having freedom or having close friends?
- What lines should be added to the Hero’s Contract? What lines should be removed?
- Is it more helpful to receive a compliment or constructive feedback? Why?
- If every day were a jelly bean, there would be about 23,400 jelly beans in your lifetime jar. What would you consider the most important way to spend your jelly beans? Achievements? Investing in relationships? Or are achievements and relationships of equal value?
- Our creative heroes decided they wanted to reward those in the studio who continually strive to take more ownership of their education by using the tools in our studio. As a result, our heroes all contributed their favorite songs to a playlist, and vote 1 person who really stood out during the day to play a song during Studio Maintenance.
- 3 heroes earned new badges this week!!