https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png 0 0 Journey Academy https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png Journey Academy2017-03-26 19:45:272017-03-26 19:45:27Week 24 (2017) – Re-evaluating and Refocusing for our Exhibition!
When you are in the Final Showdown on your hero’s journey, when the BIG moment is about to arrive…How do you respond? Do you feel overwhelmed? Excited? Nervous? Do you make a list of priorities to see you through to the end?
This week, our heroes revisited their session goals and prioritized what they wanted to accomplish both during Core Skills and Project Time. When discouraged, everyone agreed that it is most important to focus on 1 thing at a time and get into the “flow”. Our heroes agreed that if you get into “flow” and work on the most challenging task first, you will make progress towards accomplishing something.
Accomplishments look a little different for every person. This week, we recognized that a growth mindset says that hard work pays off, and that continuing to do your best will eventually pay off. When others are doing great work, we can be encouraged and go to them as mentors instead of comparing ourselves or feeling bad that we’re not as “good”.
Interesting Discussion Topics this Week Included:
- What do you consider the most important part of Journey Academy; The freedom to learn at your own pace, the freedom to own your work, or the freedom to collaborate with others? Which one helps you the most?
- What is the gospel? How would you explain it to someone who has never heard of Jesus before?
- Would you say the story of Paul and Barnabas’ disagreement has a sad ending or a happy ending? Why do you think this?
- Which part of your project do you want to spend the most time on when preparing for our Exhibition next week?
- Is it important to be able to find things quickly in your Bible (yes/no)? What tools can you use to help you find scriptures or stories efficiently?
- What is a testimony? How did you hear about Jesus? How has he changed you?
In addition to working on our session goals and preparing for the Exhibition this week, our heroes had the awesome opportunity to visit Cornerstone University. We attended a worship session in the chapel there, and our heroes got to take a small tour of the University.
After the worship session, our heroes got to meet Ryan Vegh, the worship leader at Frontline Community Church in Byron Center. Ryan shared his own hero’s journey (learning to play guitar at the age of 5 and then using his own gifts and talents to serve others).
Our heroes had the opportunity to reflect on both experiences, sharing what they felt during the worship service, and what gifts and talents they might want to use in their future jobs someday. It is inspiring to hear our heroes talking about their unique gifts and praising God!
Thank you all for sharing in this journey. Have a blessed weekend!