https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png 0 0 Journey Academy https://journeyacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Journey-Logo-Small-1-300x138.png Journey Academy2017-02-25 17:44:502017-02-25 17:44:50Week 20 (2017) – Heroes of the Faith Quest
Week 20 (2017) – Heroes of the Faith Quest
This week marked the beginning of our newest quest, “The Heroes of the Faith”. We are now diving into the word of God, learning about characters from the Bible, and engaging in spiritual disciplines such as prayer and worship. We began this week by familiarizing ourselves with the bible (memorizing the books and finding scriptures) and ended by learning about Esther’s journey with God.
Over the course of the next 6 weeks, our heroes will learn about King David, Daniel, Moses, and Paul’s journeys. They will get to choose a bible character (anyone they are interested in learning about) and create a Hero’s Journey map for that character. For our final exhibition, each hero will present his/her Hero’s Journey map AND recite the books of the bible and passage of scripture that he/she has chosen to memorize.
Since this quest involves creating a map, we hope to utilize some of our heroes’ creative and artistic talents. We also encourage each hero to think about their own Hero’s Journey with the Lord, and how he is helping them overcome challenges.
A few discussion questions this week included:
- How does being a Christian change your hero’s journey?
- What is kindness, and how do you show this fruit of the spirit?
- Is memorizing scripture valuable? Is knowing how to navigate the bible valuable?
- Can you show the fruits of the spirit without God’s help?
Other Highlights this week:
- This week, we began using My Journey Tracker, an electronic way to set goals and earn points. This has made tracking our heroes’ progress much more efficient!
- We had 2 worship leaders come to visit us from Cornerstone University. They taught us some new songs, and we all were able to worship together!
- One Hero completed her level 2 Reading Badge this week!
- Another completed his Level 1 Math Badge this week!